Pasta night will never be the same. Impress your guests with this simple egg pasta.
Write a review
- - 2 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose or “00” flour, plus more as needed
- - Pinch of fine sea salt
- - 2 tsp of Semolina Flour
- - 4 eggs, at room temperature
- - 2 tsp. olive oil
- Combine 00 flour, salt, and semolina in a bowl
- Break four large eggs in a separate bowl
- Pour flour mixture onto clean working surface
- Use your fingers, create a well in the middle of the flour for the eggs and pour them in
- Drizzle a bit of olive oil over the flour and egg mixture
- Using a fork, beat the eggs gently while pulling in flour from the edges of the well.
- When the mixture is now too stiff to pull in with the fork, begin to use your hands to gradually draw flour into the egg until you form a soft but not sticky dough ball. If the mixture is too wet, add flour a spoonful at a time.
- Continue to knead the dough for approximately 10 minutes. The key is to ensure that all of the air bubble are not in the dough. This will ensure a smooth and genuine texture to the pasta. Cover the dough with plastic wrap and let stand room temperature for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Dough can be refrigerated for up to 5 days, but make sure you bring up to room temperature before rolling.