As summer approaches and you get back to commanding the grill like you did so well last summer, step up your game and impress your guests with this simple trick to get perfect crosshatch grilled protein.
Grilled Crosshatch Steaks
Write a review
- 1 1/2” Strip Steaks
- Course Black Pepper
- Course Sea Salt
- Meat thermometer
- Remove steaks from package and place on cutting board.
- Season steaks liberally on both sides to ensure even flavor.
- If steaks are fresh (have not been frozen) bring steaks to room temperature before putting on grill.
- If frozen, season them and place them on the on the grill prior to thaw.
- Heat your grill to manufacturer’s instructions 500°-600° - this high temperature will ensure an outside sear.
- Make sure your grill grates are in their original position as soon as you turn your grill on.
- Ensure grill grates are clean from previous cook.
- Prep your grates for cooking by adding some canola oil to half an onion or paper towel and a tongs.
- Note: Cleaning your grates when they are hot will make it easier to remove leftover food from a previous cook.